Friday, April 4, 2014

SNC Spring Blog Hop


Hi everyone! Today some of the ladies over at Skrap n' Chat are excited to bring you our 2nd annual Blog Hop.  We're going to be sharing some fun projects with a Spring theme and we've got some great prizes to share as well.  It's going to be tons of fun! You may have just arrived from Stacy's blog but if not, make sure to head over to Karen's blog to start things off.

Things haven't been exactly Spring-like around these parts weather wise.  We had two big storms back to back last week and the snow is up to our necks out there.  But despite the snow outside, Spring is on its way and that means Easter is coming.  Easter isn't my favourite holiday and therefore I don't really have a lot of Easter decorations so I decided I wanted to make some Easter decor for my house.  I stumbled across a great idea on Pinterest to make washi tape canvas art so I ran with it.  I started out by cutting a template out of paper and taping it down to my canvas.  Then I just started laying strips of washi tape down.


Once I had them all in place I carefully cut around the shape with my scissors.  I do not have a picture of this because I am forgetful but go slowly as to not rip the washi.  I ripped the washi in a couple of places.  So to hide that, I decided to do a liquid pearls outline around the shape.

 
Then I decided to get real crazy and cover the entire shape with glossy accents.


After everything dried I added some Thickers and a sparkly button to finish off the canvas and voila:


I think this would look great propped up in a little easel somewhere.  Or I might attach something to the back so I can hang it up. 


I hope you enjoyed my post for today's hop.  I had a lot of fun preparing my project for today and I think it's going to look really cute in our house.

And now for the fun part.  I have a little prize to give away to one lucky blog hop participant.  All you have to do is leave me a comment here on this blog post by Friday, April 11 at midnight AST for your chance to win.

And just in case you stumbled here out of order, here is a list of the other blogs who are participating.  If you're going in order, head on over to Robyn's blog, the last stop on the hop. 


April  * YOU ARE HERE*  

Make sure and leave a comment on everyone's posts for more chances to win some prizes.  Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. April, your egg is just simply adorable! My goodness you have some pretty Washi. And this is a great way to have fun with it. The only problem will be putting it away after Easter...you might have to create another one for summer! :)
    Thanks for sharing your fun canvas and Happy Spring! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - you do have some pretty Washi-tape! And you used it in a very imaginative way - what a fantastic egg...goodbye winter ~ hello spring! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great home decor project! Love all the different washi tape! Great idea to outline it with the liquid pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! You have inspired me to make some washi Easter eggs! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for washi tape! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered that I (the hoarder that I am) have 13 rolls of washi tape.... not that unheard of for a scrapper.... the funny part is.... I have NEVER used any of them.

    you did a fabulous job on the Easter egg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of washi tape!! I should make a few of these as I have minimal Easter decorations!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your canvas is adorable. The washi tape worked really well for this - hmmmm, maybe different shades of reds and greens next winter for a Christmas Tree.

    Like Cole, I have some Washi tape and have used like 4 inches of it - ever! (Though I only have 10 rolls).

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sooooo cute!! love the glossy accents you added

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see eggs in my future! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute, cute! I bet DD could have fun making some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so so so cute! perfect Washi idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic way to use washi!!! I love that big egg......cute! The glossy accents are perrfect to make it pop. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is crazy but I love the effect of the glossy accents!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your canvas! It's so darn cute! I love how you used washi for your egg and the Glossy Accents add the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!