Monday, April 14, 2014

SNC Blog Hop Winner and a page share

Good Monday morning!  I trust you all had a great weekend.

I just wanted to start off by thanking everyone who left a lovely comment on my blog hop post.  You are all very sweet.  To be fair, I used Random. org to pick a winner for me so without further ado congratulations go out to:


ANITA!!!!  Congratulations!!  I have your address already so I will send you out a little something ASAP :)

These blog hops are so much fun aren't they?  Thanks again to everyone who played along.

I also wanted to share a page with you today.  I'm so excited about how this page turned out as it was a long process. 


It started when I got this crazy idea in my head to spray an entire sheet of cardstock in rainbow stripes of mist.  Then I decided I wanted to use doilies and sequins on my page as well and once I got the doilies and photos where I wanted them I had no idea what to do with the sequins. 

I knew I wanted a big title and I couldn't find any Thickers that worked for me so I found a font that I liked online, printed my title out on regular printer paper and then traced it onto my page.  Then I went over it with my black Zig pen to make it pop.  Then I went back to deciding where to put the sequins.

And I stared at the page for three nights, moving the sequins around, changing the colours, taking some off, putting more on, etc., etc., etc.  On the fourth night, Hubs came downstairs and asked me what I was doing.  And I told him.  Then he reached over, moved a bunch of sequins around and said "How does this look?"  I swear I heard an angels chorus of "Hallelujah" for just a moment before I stared at him in disbelief and said "Are you freaking kidding me?!"  The way he placed them, exactly like you see them in the LO above, was perfect and he managed to do it all in 20 seconds while I struggled for three days!  Men!!

Hope everyone has a great day. 





1 comment:

  1. Congrats Anita! That was a great hop!

    And April, I LOVE your LO April! But any LO with your kids on it is always so cute! lol What an adorable pouty face. Noticed the sequins first thing and the misted rainbow looks soo pretty with the little doily like clouds. Great ideas!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!