Sunday, March 16, 2014

Future blogger

Oh my poor, sweet, neglected blog.  Life has a bad habit of getting in the way of me visiting you more often.  I apologize.

Just wanted to pop in today to share a LO I created this weekend.  I've had the picture sitting on my desk for a while and finally got around to working with it.  I wanted to create a page for the March sketch challenge over at Life. Paper. Scrapbook. so this photo fit perfectly.

Supplies:  PP - Amy Tangerine Cut & Paste for American Crafts, letter stickers - Websters Pages, misc. acetate banner, paint

Isn't that the cutest picture?  I got up from the table to go to the bathroom and when I got back she had stolen my place and was happily tapping away on the keyboard.  Monkey see, monkey do I guess. 

I stepped outside my comfort zone a little here and I'm still not entirely sure I like the results but I didn't want a big white background and wanted to add some colour so I used some of my son's acrylic paint and a leftover piece of corrugated paper to "stamp" the background.  What do you think?  Yay or nay?

Thanks for stopping by today.  Enjoy what's left of your weekend :)


3 comments:

  1. Funny idea with the strips! Love your color combo. Thanks for joining us at Life.Paper.Scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the fun details in this layout, and that pop of orange is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at LPS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!